Spinning Sapphire Necklace
An incredible 1.98 carat freeform Sapphire slice is the centrepiece of this unique spinning pendant.
A textured halo of gold cups a flat Blue Sapphire that spins freely, radiating golden light as it moves. Sculpted by hand in wax, the halo has a flowing dripped surface texture that is echoed in the delicate frame and talons that hold the Sapphire. Two Blue round Sapphires accent the ends of each pin.
This flat Sapphire is a vibrant ocean blue, and has distinctive linear markings throughout which is enhanced by its flat open table and geometric faceting around its edges. The contrast between angles and flow in this piece come together to make something marvellous and stunning.
Cast in Fairmined 18 karat Yellow Gold sourced from Iqira, Columbia. Sapphires are ethically sourced from Queensland and New South Wales Australia. On an 18" chain in solid 18 karat Yellow Gold.
- Sapphire is 10mm at the tallest and 7mm at the widest, 1.98 carats
- Outer pendant is 19mm at the tallest and 15mm at the widest
- Inner pendant is 12mm at the tallest and 9mm at the widest
- Including the jump ring, pendant is a total of 26mm tall
- Including the pins, pendant is a total of 19.5mm wide
- Pins are set with one 1.2mm round brilliant sapphires, one to each
- 18in woven Spiga Chain in solid 18 karat Yellow Gold